Subject: RE: [election-services] EML V6 - OASIS STANDARD

John,

The member statements don't actually have to be a member of the TC, just an OASIS member organization.

This makes it broader.  So forinstance NIST could build something for V6 and do a statement.  Similarly a government body - there are many in OASIS - could make a statement of use.

Another venue is to develop something in open source that a member org could use with their own data.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [election-services] EML V6 - OASIS STANDARD
From: "John Borras" <johnaborras@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, September 10, 2010 7:08 am
To: "'EML TC'" <election-services@lists.oasis-open.org>

I’ve been doing some more research about the conundrum we discussed yesterday, that of getting 3 Statements of Use from OASIS Organizational members.   As it stands at the moment we are not going to get those from our current TC membership and the only way I can see forward is for us to attract some new members.   That of course may take time and delay getting v6 approved as an OASIS Standard.   Can I ask you to reach out to your friends and contacts and get them to join the TC.  I’ve already approached a couple of mine.  Obviously it’s a difficult time financially for many organisations but I can’t see any other way round the TC Procedures.   If anyone’s got any alternative ideas please share them.

Regards
John Borras

Chair OASIS E&VS Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745