[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: Re: [emergency-cap] CAP SC meeting
I wanted to add some
material from Eliot. The url for the pdf about the PAPE Key
Messages he refers to in his email is http://www.ifrc.org/PageFiles/103320/Key-messages-for-Public-awareness-guide-EN.pdf
I add this as another broad-based set of hazard/event types.
Rex,I am still hoping to engage on this with the IFRC GDPC, based on Omar Abou-Samra having expressed in Bangkok their urgent need for such a type system. Unfortunately, I have not heard back from Omar yet on this.
Thanks for the reminder but I guess I will skip it as I have not done anything yet wrt proposing an approach to nominate a reference set of event types.
• tropical cyclones (referred to in different regions as cyclones, hurricanes or typhoons)
• storms (including lightning, tornadoes and snow, ice or hail)
• release of chemical, biological, radiological or nuclear materials
• landslides, debris flows and glacial breakout
• tsunami and tidal surges
• volcanic eruption
• cold waves and heat waves
On 11/17/2016 12:43 PM, rexbroo wrote:
-- Rex Brooks Starbourne Communications Design Email: email@example.com GeoAddress: 1361 Addison St. Apt. A Berkeley, CA 94702 Phone: 510-898-0670