Subject: CAP alerts as a Web Feature Service

I am building an OGC Web Feature Service (WFS) for CAP version 1.0 alerts,
as I believe this is the open standard way to link CAP messages to a map.
If anyone has such a thing already running, please let me know!

In making the Geographic Markup Language (GML) conversion needed for WFS, I
am starting from the
<http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency-gis/200307/doc00000.doc>Implementors
Note: CAP Alert Messages as a GML FeatureCollection at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/emergency-gis/200307/doc00000.doc

This Implementors Note is about two years old and concerns the use of GML
in the context of Common Alerting Protocol (CAP). Hopefully, the "Points of
Agreement" in this Implementors Note are still valid, but the recommended
XML Schema, "alerts.xsd", should be updated from CAP version 0.9 to version
1.0. Also, the schema given in the Implementors Note is based on GML
version 2 and we'd like to be current with whatever is the most widely
deployed version of GML.

Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated!

Eliot