Subject: RE: [emergency] Questions on ASN.1 and IPAWS Profile / CAP 1.2

I believe the ASN.1 schema for CAP 1.2 (like the ASN.1 schema for CAP 1.1)
was generated by using a translator conforming to the X.694 standard.  This
ensures that one can use that ASN.1 schema to perform any of the following
operations:

- parse an XML CAP 1.2 message
- produce an XML CAP 1.2 message
- decode an ASN.1/PER (binary) CAP 1.2 message
- produce an ASN.1/PER (binary) CAP 1.2 message

which in turn allows one to translate between these two formats just by
decoding from one format and re-encoding into the other format.

So the test should be just a matter of using any existing ASN.1 tool to do
the above on a set of test messages.

Alessandro