Subject: FYI - Update on IEC 62325

As most of you know I am attending the WG14 meeting in Prague this week.  While here I was speaking with a colleague who happens to also participates in WG16 and she let me know that IEC 62325 (the portion of the CIM that deals with energy market operations) has been published as a committee draft.  This CD is expected to be approved and interop’d in 6 months as it has broad support from national committees in North America and Europe.

If you are not familiar with this standard, a preview that describes the framework and scope is available at:  http://webstore.iec.ch/preview/info_iec62325-101%7Bed1.0%7Den.pdf

The committee draft has been made available at the CIM User’s Group SharePoint site at:  http://cimug.ucaiug.org/WG16%20Draft%20Document/iec62325-301r04_iec62325cim01v07-doc.zip

Regards -

Gerald R. Gray, PhD