legalcitem message

Subject: Re: [legalcitem] the trilogy of subcommittees

I think I agree with Daniel here, as this conversation has been making
me think that I hope we would take advantage of prior work in related
areas and not seek to re-invent the wheel where we conclude it's not
necessary.

In particular:

1. What other machine-readable taggings for citations (or something
similar) exist? Can we adapt one of these to legal citations?

2. What vocabularies and/or metadata standards already exist for legal
documents? Could we adopt or adapt one or more of these?

If it were possible to plug a vocabulary from 2 into an existing tagging
standard from 1, then that might allow us to build on the good work of
others rather than re-discovering all the pitfalls they previously
confronted.

Brian