legalcitem message

Subject: Re: [legalcitem] Motion to request a Special Majority Vote on requesting affiliation with the LegalXML Member Section

As to TC members voting "to request affiliation of LegalCite with the LegalXML member section of OASIS", here is the LegalXML Member Section Rules of Procedure document, which TC members might want to inspect for relevance to discussion/vote.  [Chet: if this URI is incorrect for the latest version RoP]

http://www.legalxml.org/governance/rules_of_procedures.shtml

In that document, I noted the "provisions that apply to affiliated OASIS Technical Committees"
and one provision relates to IPR Mode.  LegalCiteM operates under the Non-Assertion Mode of the OASIS IPR Policy
but the RoP says "Royalty Free on Limited Terms IPR mode..."

  • Any provisions that apply to affiliated OASIS Technical Committees
    • The Affiliated TCs must choose in their TC Charters to operate under the Royalty Free on Limited Terms IPR mode allowed by the OASIS TC Process policy.
    • The Affiliated TCs may choose in their TC Charter to operate using any language of choice.
    • The Affiliated TCs shall submit quarterly reports to the Chair of the Steering Committee indicating the activities of the TC, detailing how allotted funds have been used, the status of consultant contracts, if any, and making projections about the likely future needs of the TC.

  • - Robin