Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Malte's comments on latest draft

Hi Dave,

I have no problem moving to a larger font size for our own document.  I
have tagged the body of the text of our guidelines documet as the "Text
Body" style, which is is now set to 12 point Arial.  We'll need to do
alot more style work - perhaps part of the editing phase (Dave - the
bold headings in your section 3.2.4 probably should have a formal
style).  I've likewise altered the table of contents styles (levels
1..3) to be 12 point.

I am somewhat uncertain about some of what is in 3.2.  The main focus I
think of this document is ODF implementors, with advice on helping them
help authors (and readers).  It doesn't make sense to tell an
implementor to create text in at least 12 point size.  I can see
suggesting 12 point as the default size.  And I can see having a "put
this ODF app into a 'good for generating accessible content'"
switch/mode - especially important for organizations like Massachusetts
who want an easy way to choose a style sheet for making good content (in
fact, perhaps several sets, including the "for creating large print
books" set, vs. "standard accessible documents" [vs. legalease text in
the myopia 6 font :-)]).  But... going beyond that seems to me to be
appropriate for a slightly different document.

Peter

P.S. I've finished my first pass at chapter 1, and am working on chapter 2.