Subject: Re: [office-accessibility] Fwd: [office] OpenDocument v1.1/v1.2 compatibility

On 27/10/06, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg

> > I don't think there is any information in the xml to say which schema it
> > is valid to (Or I couldn't find any). I think this is needed for xml
> > processing.
>
> There actually is the version attribute described in section 2.1.2.

<define name="office-document-common-attrs" combine="interleave">
	<optional>
		<attribute name="office:version">
			<ref name="string"/>
		</attribute>
	</optional>
</define>

I.e. it is optional.

> You need it if you want to validate documents against the schema of a
> specific version, that's true. You should not need it most other cases.

I beg to differ on that. Any xml processing will need to know what
elements attributes to expect.

> > If it is added, will your proposal still be valid?
>
> Yes, it will. But maybe there is some misunderstanding. My proposal is
> not a proposal for defining conformance in OpenDocument v1.2 itself. But
> it is a proposal for guidelines which extensions we should accept for
> ODF 1.2, and which require a deeper discussion before we know whether we
> accept them for ODF 1.2.

The proposal could create a lot of confusion.
When I open a document I will be unable to tell if it is 1.1 or 1.2
(unless the implementation decides to include the version).

How do I request a feature please?
That this attribute become required from 1.2 onwards.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.