Subject: Re: [office-formula] Key Issues

Hi Tomas,

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 14:36:35 +0100, Tomas Mecir wrote:

> > I don't see that at all. We create a file and specify what the output of
> > the spreadsheet should be.
>
> Hmm. Yeah. If we only distribute tests in a spreadsheets, then this is
> sufficient, although I still would like to see recommendations on
> this, to make users less confused from switching over.

This is going to be a file format specification, it doesn't matter how
the application handles it a UI level, be it command line, a wizard,
point&click, aim&shoot or telepathy.

> However, the current wiki shows direct formula syntax for the
> testcases, in user-visible syntax.

No, it shows them in the proposed formula syntax. =SUM([.B3:.B6]) isn't
user-visible, =SUM(B3:B6) would be.

> If we go for this, we will not be able to include these, or will have
> to write them there in storage format. Not so sure if I like it.

Why not? The test cases are expressed in the specified formula language.
This at the end will be what an application must be able to read in, no
matter how it is represented to the user.