Subject: Re: [office-formula] Proposal: Drop "huge" group; any criticallymissing functions for "large"?

On Wed, 2006-26-07 at 20:12 -0700, David A. Wheeler wrote:
> We have our hands full just defining the set of
> functions up through the "large" group, which is essentially
> a superset of Excel and OpenOffice.org.

I do find it disturbing that Excel and OpenOffice.org apparently play a
differnet role than the otehr spreadsheets. I would rather see many of
the "nonsense" functions dropped that are apparently implemented in all
spreadsheets than useful reasonable functions that currently are only
implemented in some.

For example, is BIN2DEC really more important than BITAND or SSMEDIAN.
(SSMEDIAN calculates a standard median used in the social sciences for
discrete data with repetition.)

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences