Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Multiple content nodes representing on RDF subject

On Dec 22, 2006, at 4:08 PM, Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> The literal "important" is a property of the resource identified by
> the URI <http://ex.net/Important>, which is in turn a property of the
> description of the content node. There is built-in indirection of
> sorts in the RDF model.

E.g. the way you do it is to *use RDF*:

<text:span xml:id="_foo1">This is an important and </text:span>
<text:span xml:id="_foo2">divvikult</text:span>
<text:span xml:id="_foo3"> text!</text:span>

... then:

   <rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#_foo1">
     <ex:status rdf:resource="http://ex.net/Important"/>
   </rdf:Description>

   <rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#_foo2">
     <ex:status rdf:resource="http://ex.net/Important"/>
   </rdf:Description>

   <rdf:Description rdf:about="content.xml#_foo3">
     <ex:status rdf:resource="http://ex.net/Important"/>
   </rdf:Description>

Three triples, about three separate resources. You really don't need
any complicated indirection beyond that (at least as I understand the
problem you presented).

This is why I and others (like Florian) have consistently been asking
in these discussions: what is the subject you wish to describe? In this
case, it is three separate spans, each with their own (local) URI. That
they each have the same properties is irrelevant; they are three
different statements.

Or I suppose (though I'd need to think on it some more) you could also
define a style and include in the style definition:

	meta:class="http://ex.net/ImportantParagraph";