Subject: Re: [office-metadata] fields proposal

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> To me, as I've said before, I have what is basically a hunch that it's
> a bad idea to put crucial information outside the field. In this
> approach, the field would just be a dumb container.
>
> What happens, for example, if I copy-and-paste the field between
> documents?

If part of the citation would be in RDF/XML it would be standardized and
should be copied. Today you are also able to copy an image, which is as
well not in the content.xml.
Do you fear that parsing RDF/XML would be the barrier to implement the
citation feature at all?
That might be right, but won't be an argument to restrict
text:meta-fields from using RDF/XML.