Subject: Re: [office] Proposed TC Meeting Agenda Items

On Jan 18, 2006, at 5:53 AM, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 -
Hamburg wrote:

> If the meeting takes places in Hamburg, I'm quite sure that we will be
> able to provide dial-in facilities for those who can not attent in
> person. Therefore you should be able to participate.

[...]

> I'm not sure about this. I think the main issue we have with the meta
> data discussions is that we don't have a clear picture what we want to
> achieve. For that reason, it is difficult if not impossible to figure
> out whether the proposals that we have or may receive meet our
> objectives. That's why I think that we first should care about these
> objectives.

I think that's reasonable, but there's a contradiction in the way
you've proposed to address defining those objectives. On one hand, you
assert this needs to be done in person. On the other, when I tell you
it's not realistic for me to be able to make it to Hamburg, you say I
can call in.  If we accept your first point, then my role in the
discussion becomes marginal.

E.g. I go back to my original point: is it really necessary to tie
discussion of the metadata objectives to a face-to-face? Or can those
be separate issues?

Bruce