Subject: Re: [office] Adding support for "em" measurements

Patrick:
> I don't have the details at my finger tips but I recall that there are
> multiple definitions of "em" in typography.
>
> If we specify one, shouldn't we allow for choices of the others?
>
> I can run down the details a bit later this week.

Please do.   We should try to make sure we cover the major standards, at least, and if there's an interpretation used by any widely-used office suite.

Marbux had a few pointers.  Here's what CSS says:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/PR-xsl11-20061006/#d0e5490
"The em-based relative units of measurement are defined in the Unicode
standard, <http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U2000.pdf>;, pg. 167."

--- David A. Wheeler