Subject: Re: [office] table:filter-condition extension proposal

Hi Kohei,

On Friday, 2007-06-15 12:45:56 -0400, Kohei Yoshida wrote:

> > I don't really oppose your attribute approach though, I just don't see
> > a real advantage.
>
> The real advantage is less ambiguity in string value interpretation,

<nitpicking> Actually there is no ambiguity in interpretation at all.
The ambiguity lies in writing the string value when not knowing that ODF
defined white space in textual element data to be significant, similar
to CDATA. </nitpicking>

> and ease of copying one of the multi-string data into the existing
> table:value attribute for backward compatibility.

Ok, this special case may be seen as an advantage to the implementor.

> Other than that, I don't see any other differences one way or the other.
> But my vote is for using an attribute for ease of implementation.

I'm fine with that.

  Eike