Subject: Re: [office] xml:lang settings. Confused.

Hello,

I'd like to bring in my two cents of Euro here.
While I'm in favor of using a standard way to define the linguistic
settings inside ODF (and thus to use xml:lang), I'd like to point out
that when it comes to i18n and l10n the format cannot do everything and
has to be versatile enough to allow extremely various use cases. The use
of multiple languages and thus encodings inside one document as
described by Eike is a good example of that.

That requirement of "versatility" and flexibility put aside, we have to
include that xml:lang inside the 1.2 spec if possible. I guess this
should be a quite consensual decision so maybe we could do it "fast".

Cheers,

Charles.

--
Charles-H. Schulz,