Subject: Re: [office] text:meta-field

Hi Florian, hi TC,

Florian recently presented his work on OOo on enhanced input fields here
in Hamburg to the Sun OpenOffice.org Writer team.
I support his feature request for the input field to have a
multi-paragraph-spanning input field and formatting for its content.

I've got mixed feelings with allowing something like
	<new-input-field|new-meta-field>
	</new-input-field|new-meta-field>
	DDD
The merging of paragraph part "AAA" with paragraph "BBB" and paragraph
"CCC" with paragraph part "DDD" causes the mixed feelings. I'm also
asking me what happens to the paragraph attributes from paragraph "AAA"
and "BBB" respectively "CCC" and "DDD" during the merge, if they are not
the same.

What about the following solution?
<new-input-field|new-meta-field>
	<field-prefix>AAA</field-prefix>
	<field-suffix>DDD</field-suffix>
</new-input-field|new-meta-field>
The new optional elements <field-prefix> and <field-suffix> can in
general contain anything that a <p> can contain.
Such a new constuct can not be part of a "normal" paragraph - no
problems with merging paragraphs and paragraph attributes.

Regards, Oliver.