Subject: Re: [office] text:meta-field

Oliver-Rainer Wittmann - Software Engineer - Sun Microsystems wrote:

> The merging of paragraph part "AAA" with paragraph "BBB" and paragraph
> "CCC" with paragraph part "DDD" causes the mixed feelings. I'm also
> asking me what happens to the paragraph attributes from paragraph "AAA"
> and "BBB" respectively "CCC" and "DDD" during the merge, if they are not
> the same.

Hmm ... good point.

> What about the following solution?
> <new-input-field|new-meta-field>
>     <field-prefix>AAA</field-prefix>
>     <field-suffix>DDD</field-suffix>
> </new-input-field|new-meta-field>
> The new optional elements <field-prefix> and <field-suffix> can in
> general contain anything that a <p> can contain.

Well, in that case, there's not really a need for a new element, is
there? Just use a span for the "AAA" content?

<text:p>XXX</text:p>
   <text:meta-field>
     <text:span>AAA</text:span>
     <text:p>BBB</text:p>
     <text:p>CCC</text:p>
     <text:span>DDD</text:span>
   </text:meta-field>
<text:p>ZZZ</text:p>

At the metadata SC, we've planned to add a prefix and suffix property,
but that would be encoded in the RDF attached to the field.

Bruce