Subject: Re: [office] Public comment #20 -- default print range in tables

2008/7/1 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
<Michael.Brauer@sun.com>:
> Dave Pawson wrote:

>> In which case I would fall back to an 'unspecified' value.
>> I.e. require the application to prompt for a print range.
>> Then store that.
>
> How do you do that if your application is a server which has no UI? Consider
> that ODF is not only suitable for classical desktop applications.

We can't handle all what if's for the future.
The objection to leaving it unspecified has been quoted.
Nasty user experience.

Even on a server someone is asking to print *something*
~Ask them what they want to print.

Use a get out clause for the 'final' clause.

Without a specified or stored range the operation is unspecified.

That should be clear enough. Without falling back to implementor defined.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.