Subject: Re: [office] Public comment #20 -- default print range in tables

Please let me describe how we select the range to be printed in
Gnumeric:

First of all there is always a defined printarea. By default it is the
whole sheet. Another option attached to each sheet is whether to print
styles with no content (this defaults to "false").

If "print styles with no content" is false the range printed is the
intersection of
(a) the smallest rectangle including all cells with content and
(b) the printarea.

If "print styles with no content" is true the range printed is the
intersection of
(a) the smallest rectangle including all cells with content or attached
styles and
(b) the printarea.

Independent from that at print time the user may choose to ignore the
printarea setting (in which case the printarea used is the whole sheet)
or to print the current selection only.

Andreas
--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta