Subject: Re: [office] Public comment #20 -- default print range in tables

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 13:22 +0100, Dave Pawson wrote:
> 2008/7/1 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
> <Michael.Brauer@sun.com>:
> > Dave Pawson wrote:
>
> >> The objection to leaving it unspecified has been quoted.
> >> Nasty user experience.
> >
> > User experience is always a difficult topic. Some consider it to be good
> > user experience to ask the user what to do.
>
> Not that Michael. The end user getting a nasty shock when the application
> does something different implementations.
>
> I don't think anyone considers that a good experience.
> IMHO it should drive all our decisions and be a first consideration.

This sounds like you are saying that there can effectively be only one
application implementation with a user interface. If the interface
behaviour of all applications using OpenDocument is the same they will
effectively be the same. This seems to contradict the idea of a
"interoperable" document format.

Andreas
--
"Liberty consists less in acting according to
one's own pleasure, than in not being subject

Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences
Concordia University College of Alberta