Subject: Re: [office] Spreadsheet Table Protection Options

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 19:38 -0400, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> OASIS has some guidelines related to namespace and URI management in OASIS
> standards here:
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/resourceNaming.html

Ah, nice.  Thanks for this pointer!

> Also, do we need a version number or something in the URI?  Or do all
> legacy versions of Excel use the same algorithm?

Not to the best of my knowledge.  I have dealt with reading and writing
a variety of legacy Excel documents of different versions, from 97 to
2003, and so far this algorithm has been used consistently across these
versions.  Daniel Rentz of Sun, who is their Excel file format guru,
even mentions that the same hash algorithm was used in Excel 95.

Kohei