office message

Subject: Re: [office] Spreadsheet Table Protection Options

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 19:38 -0400, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> OASIS has some guidelines related to namespace and URI management in OASIS
> standards here:
>
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/specGuidelines/namingGuidelines/resourceNaming.html

Ah, nice.  Thanks for this pointer!

> Also, do we need a version number or something in the URI?  Or do all
> legacy versions of Excel use the same algorithm?

Not to the best of my knowledge.  I have dealt with reading and writing
a variety of legacy Excel documents of different versions, from 97 to
2003, and so far this algorithm has been used ´╗┐consistently across these
versions.  Daniel Rentz of Sun, who is their Excel file format guru,
even mentions that the same hash algorithm was used in Excel 95.

Kohei