Subject: Re: [office] SC34 Ballot N1414"New Work Item Proposal on Document Packaging"

On 04/06/2010 20:48, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> I'm not saying that there are not interesting things that could be
> standardized here.  For example, it might be nice to have a standard URL
> protocol for ZIP, or standard fragment schema for URL addressing of ZIP
> items, etc.

yes, something that would be very useful, especially (but not only) for
RDF application, is URIs that:
- point at elements in the content.xml via their xml:id
- can be dereferenced
- can be used as base URIs

Currently that is not possible:
- the URIs suggested by the ODF specification cannot be dereferenced
- existing URI schemes are not standardized, or otherwise unusable
  + jar: schema is not standardized (but implemented by Mozilla etc.)
  + there is a schema for OOXML packages that AFAIK is restricted
    so it can only be used with OOXML packages
- using fragments could be done by the ODF TC, but has the problem
  that it cannot be used to construct base URIs

regards,
 michael

--
Michael Stahl            mailto:michael.stahl@sun.com