oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] RE: deliverable "state of interoperability"

Yes, this is the ideal way to source sample documents. Although, in my experience, this can be a very time consuming task for most "real world" documents which usually contain advanced formatting and specific complex types of data that require detailed knowledge of the presentation to remain helpful after being cleansed.

If there are "real world" documents that people can make available, this is definitely the ideal situation. However, if people would like to share some document scenarios along with the associated interoperability strength/concern - I will be happy to coordinate these and work with TC members to document the scenario, strength/concern and create a sample document that can serve as a relevant example.

Rgds,
-Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:47 PM
To: oic@lists.oasis-open.org

Hmmm... that suggests a possible tool.  Take an input ODF document and
replace all of the content with "Ipsum Lorem" text.  Keep the styles and
structure the same, but replace all of the text.  You would also need to
strip out metadata and replace any image with an equivalent sized fake
image.

Presumably a document processed by this tool would show any
interoperability problem of the original document, but would be free of
any IP, confidentiality or privacy concerns.  (But I'm not a lawyer).

-Rob