oic message

Subject: RE: [oic] application scenario The Hague

On Thu, 2009-06-04 at 14:48 +0200, Hanssens Bart wrote:

> Mm, OK, behavior might not be the correct word either.
> ("interfacing" ? "user interaction" ?)
>
> Of course many aspects of "behavior/interaction" are outside the scope
> of the file format, but nevertheless some aspects are expected by
> users of an office implementation
>
> For instance: updating a text:date field may be done automatically by
> the implementation, or perhaps the user has to perform an update
> action by right-clicking or whatever. But at least it should be
> possible to let the implementation somehow do this for you, without
> you having to type in the current date manually...

A questions like this simply has to do with the implementation design,
as long as the implementation ensures that text:date contains a valid
date any ODF requirement should be fulfilled even if it required the
user to chant soem incantation and dance around the computer.

I am somewhat concerned that there seems to be a trend to prescribe
implementation behaviour that goes beyond the need for interoperability
by describing how the interface of an implementation should look like.

Andreas
--
Andreas J. Guelzow
Concordia University College of Alberta