Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] Group effort - how we talk.

2008/6/12 Mary McRae <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>:

> Once the TC is formed, all work must be conducted on OASIS servers.

Love to Mary. Pity your IT infrastructure and rules won't let us work
a wiki on your servers.

 That
> means that any work done prior to TC formation must then be "contributed" to
> the TC. Please note that "Contributions" are explicitly defined/referred to
> in the OASIS IPR and TC Process Policies.

If we were being paid you'd have some standing with that statement Mary.
Anything we author and store  is ours  to do with as we please?
Legally, that is.

>   In other words, any place where you start to do work now, without IPR
> protection and without the TC Process behind it, will need to be disbanded
> and migrated (or left behind) to the TC once it starts.

Again I'd question your rights to control voluntary work by individuals
not working for Oasis when such work output (documents) are
not hosted by Oasis?

It's certainly my intention to contribute my efforts towards this TC
(and derivative TC's), but I don't accept your authority to tell me
what to do with it.