Subject: ODF Acid Test - Proof of Concept

Morning all,

With a view to starting this week afresh I have been busy over the weekend preparing the first proof of concept ODF Acid Test for the spreadsheet component. The results are surprisingly impressive, thanks in no small part to conditional styles which allow me to set the cell colour depending on whether tests pass (1+1=2) or fail (1+1=3). For more information about the test methodology, samples, and the files themselves, refer to http://sites.google.com/a/odfiic.org/acid/ods

This is not to be confused with an interop panacea (there is no such thing), but it can be used to focus attention where it is most needed (provided the attention is not too focused!). It also allows users to get on board the interop bandwagon and has proven a potent incentive for the browser vendors. Kudos to Google's Ian Hickson and the rest of the Web Sandards Project for their pioneering efforts in this area.

Kind regards,

Sam

--
Sam Johnston