Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] (1)(d) A list of deliverables, with projected completion dates.

Taking one point only from Michaels post. This message is a proposal for
clarification and reduction in scope of the OIIC TC.
If you support the proposal please respond to the list.

2008/6/16 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
<Michael.Brauer@sun.com>:
>>> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/oiic-formation-discuss/200806/msg00001.html

>> 1.      To publish test suites of ODF for applications of ODF to check
>> their
>> conformance with the Standard and to confirm their interoperability;
>> 2.      To provide feedback, where necessary, to the ODF TC on ways in
>> which the
>> standard could improve interoperability;
>> 3.      To produce a set of implementation guidelines;
>> 4.      To define interoperability with related standards by the creation
>> of
>> profiles or technical reports;
>> 5.      To coordinate, in conjunction with the ODF Adoption TC,  OASIS
>> InterOp
>> demos related to ODF;

DP.
>> I interpreted item for in context.
>>
>> I.e. guidelines on implementing tests. Not implementing ODF.

MB.
> I read it differently. My interpretation is that guidelines for implementing
> ODF are meant.
>
> Anyway, this list is not our charter. It contains only suggestion.

In line with the Oasis process, I would like to propose that this TC not
be given ODF implementation guidelines as part of their task.

That the appropriate sentence in this groups input be ignored.
"3.      To produce a set of implementation guidelines;"

Rationale: This is too much work alongside the compliance testing
and the interoperability.

If Michael wants to do this, then I suggest he form another group.

I am cc'ing Rob to ensure he is aware of this.