Subject: Re: [oiic-formation-discuss] MARBUX POINT OF ORDER, OBJECTION, ANDSUGGESTIONS No. 1

jose lorenzo wrote:

> A primary concern I have is that the market be opened up and that FOSS implementations have a real shot.
>Openoffice already works with ODF. What is the opinion of KOffice and
others over ODF? Is it really that
>difficult to implement it?

My experience is that ODF implementation in Koffice and Abiword is quite
Ok for simple documents, i.e. they're usable for daily work. Koffice
strongly embraces ODF, btw, and are working hard to get full conformance.

Here's a list of applications already supporting ODF:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_applications_supporting_OpenDocument