Subject: Re: [opendocument-users] table:table required elements

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Jean-Christophe Helary schrieb am 01-Feb-20 um 16:02:
Thank you Regina for the reply.

On Feb 1, 2020, at 21:45, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@t-online.de> wrote:

Hi Jean-Christophe,

Jean-Christophe Helary schrieb am 01-Feb-20 um 07:19:
Thank you Richard.
I'm fine with xslt, what bothers me is that emacs gives me an error in that minimal office document that I created by hand after opeining a flat ods file.

Do you use for the source document ODF 1.2 in its strict version?

I don't know. I found the reference on the OASIS site.

Do you have tested, that the source validates against the schema? Do you have tested, that your manually created file validates against the schema?
The schema can be found at https://www.oasis-open.org/standards#opendocumentv1.2

emacs uses a schema located inside the emacs.app bundle:

Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/etc/schema/od-schema-v1.2-os.rnc

And I have no reason to believe that they use a faulty document.

I agree, at a first glance it seems to be correct.

Do you have generated the flat ods file by using LibreOffice?

No, I hand-wrote the file and the only error I have is the one I pointed at where emacs tells me table:table has required contents missing.

The file itself opens fine in LO/NO (I use both).

Applications are often tolerant in regard to structure errors. So that does not guarantees that the document is OK. Unfortunately the validator https://odfvalidator.org/ does not handle "flat"-format, but expects the zip-format. That validator is more verbose.

It seems to me, that a "table:table-column" element is missing in your file. It is allowed, that it is empty; but it is not optional.

Kind regards
Regina