Subject: Re: [pkcs11] uploaded PKCS #11 v2.41 files

Thank you, Bob, for pulling these together!

Valerie

On 9/28/2015 5:55 AM, Griffin, Robert wrote:
Hi –

I’ve just uploaded updated / initial versions of the v2.41 documents and
computer-language files.

-Though we do not expect any changes to the Profiles for v2.41, I’ve created a
v2.41 version (based on the template we received in Nov. 2014) as it contains
the conformance language referenced in the other v2.41 docs.

-The Usage Guide is essentially the one John created in January, with a few
editorial changes to make references consistent across the 5 documents.

-The Base, Current and Historical specs include annotations regarding literal
interfaces (indicated in green) and described interfaces (in yellow) provided by
Tim. They also explicitly reference (on the title page, according to the
template) the v2.41 computer language files, also uploaded, that reflect the
work that Dina, Stef, Tim and other folks have been doing.  Note that the
computer language files are the normative expression of the definitions. In our
call this week, I’d like to discuss whether we should keep the appendices or not
in the v2.41 release, to minimize the risk of errors and the work that editors
have to do.

I haven’t included the AES-XTS mechanism in the Current Mechanisms doc. Chet is
working on a possible path for issuing V2.40 errata. If we can take such a path,
then we may want to include substantitally more in the v2.41 documents. I hope
we will have more information on this by Wednesday. But in the meantime, I
wanted to get at least a first cut at all the v2.41 docs, consistent in format
etc, into the Working Drafts folder.

Talk to you soon!

Regards,

Bob

--
Valerie Fenwick, http://bubbva.blogspot.com/ @bubbva
Solaris Cryptographic & Key Management Technologies, Manager