public-sector-cloud-discuss message

Subject: RE: [public-sector-cloud-discuss] PROPOSED TC CHARTER

Agreed all round.

In terms of contextualizing the business need, for sure, and this can draw
in other possible collaborators.

For example Anil describes a critical point in this US Gov blog:
http://tinyurl.com/6q6kvlg

"Especially when it comes to government services, a question that needs to
be asked is if the citizen has an existing relationship with the
government agency."

That's a simple but hugely important point. In my experience, every
interaction with a government agency is like the first one, over and over.
There's no CRM basics, no 'memory' of who the citizen is, so each
transaction is an entirely new set of forms to fill in etc., generating
huge bureaucracies...

Federated identity is a core mechanism to begin eliminating this issue..

Cheers Neil