public-sector-cloud-discuss message

Subject: RE: [public-sector-cloud-discuss] PROPOSED TC CHARTER

+1 to Peter’s view on the title.

<<The TC will develop and deliver a non-technical implementation/conformance profile for government i.e. the features that governments want to see in cloud offerings to government.  The profile will include as a minimum the following:>>

Hmm..I see what you are trying to get to here, but for me it’s not quite there yet.

The thing is that much of that list *is* technical and I suspect Belgium wanted that.

What it didn’t have is the (non technical) process (and to a lesser extent but my implication workflow) piece to balance it such that you can achieve and measure both technical interop and non technical process standardization. This latter piece is what in Kantara parlance is called the Service Assessment Criteria (SACs)

So I think the better way to tackle it is to remove the ‘non technical’ reference to the sentence above, but add an additional bullet to the list that addresses the non technical process requirements for standardization

Cheers

Colin