regrep-cooperating message

Subject: Re: [regrep-cooperating] Kickoff of federated registries work itemforV3

Zack,

I agree with your comments, however, one must understand that ebXML _is_
an institution, and without the sometimes clumsy institution ebXML as it
is developing would not be possible.  I'm over in Barcelona right now
attending some of XML Europe, and the UN/CEFACT ebXML meetings, and I
can tell you that without the "institution", ebXML would probably just
be another North American specific technology.  By adopting a more
formal process, very large organizations are much more likely to use our
standards.

The way to move ahead is in groups like this, not via arbitrary mutation
of a core specification.  Interoperability is job # 1 for most of us who
are selling ebXML gear to serious customers.  I don't support the model
certain browser suppliers use (Embrace & Proprietary Extend).

Regards,

Matt