Subject: Re: [regrep] Reg/Rep & UDDI (was: Describing ebXML Reg/Rep ...)

That's the rub -- I don't think a UDDI instance could replicate the
contents of an ebXML Registry, but I think ebXML Registry could
replicate the contents of a UDDI registry.  Granted, ebXML Registry
will be weaker than UDDI for web service discovery because the UDDI API
is oriented to that task specifically.

Politically, I think we could get away with incorporating web services
discovery.  When UDDI came to OASIS, I tried to get some official
cooperation to happen between the two groups.  The UDDI folks didn't
seem too interested.

-Matt