Subject: Raw chat text of 2008-03-10 telcon

Khanderao: scribe:Khanderao

anish: approval of april 3rd 2008 minutes:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00012.html

Khanderao: Action Item : Editors to apply changes in the doc: Michael Rowley

anish: Agenda:
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/event.php?event_id=16249

Khanderao: No update from Detier on Action Item 33.

Khanderao: Action Item 33 transferred to MikeRowley

Khanderao: Action Item 33 and 34 assigned to Mike Rowley

Khanderao: No update from Detier on Action #0034:  Editors to revise
some spec sections to apply RFC 2119 terminology while using concrete
conformance targets . Tentative ETA next week.

Khanderao: Re: Action Item #0036 MikeE to raise an issue with the
liaison subcommittee regarding RelaxNG/Schematron

Khanderao: Action Item 36: Done

Khanderao: Issue Discussions 13 and 18

Khanderao: Issue 16 postponed for future

Khanderao: b) Issue 15 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-15
TITLE- Define Conformance Targets
SUBMITTED BY- Martin Chapman

Khanderao: Anish: Do we need to approve conformance target ?

anish: martin's original email:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00000.html

anish: my response:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00014.html

anish: 1st meeting minutes:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00048.html

anish: 2nd meeting minutes:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00001.html

Khanderao: MartinC : As a conformance test we need define BPEL component
type generation rules in terms of RFC-2119 . Specs does not say/should
not say who/which tool does it.

Mike Edwards: the compoennt type is testable however

Mike Edwards: even though it is virtual

Khanderao: Anish: Conformance target could be BPEL file or ComponentType
if it exists

Khanderao: MIkeE: Even if Component Type virtual, it is testable.

Khanderao: MikeE: It is unwise to assume "how" generation is done

Khanderao: MikeRowley: Testing is output or generator of the output?

Mike Edwards: +1

Khanderao: MikeRowley: what is tested? Anish's example gives examples of
tests like generated artifacts. Testables should be take input and
generate testable constraints. We do not need to say "where" but should
be able to say that my software does it.

Khanderao: MikeE: We should concentrate on consequence and not the means.

Mike Edwards: it could be done in a number of places, there is no one
entity that would take a BPEL process and derive its componentType

Khanderao: MartinR: We are defining fine grained conformance
constraints. Hence we should be able to test constraints like "statement
x results into y".

Khanderao: Issue discussion: No conclusion. However, Anish suggested
MikeR to get pick up a section that talks about componentType and
propose examples of conformance constraints and target. Discussion would
continue over email and future meeting.