Subject: Formatted minutes of 2008-05-15 telcon

Attached.
Thanks to Martin for scribing.
Note: these minutes do not contain the roll -- so we can't approve them
(yet).

-Anish
--
Title: SCA-BPEL - 2008-05-15

OASIS Logo

- DRAFT -

OASIS SCA-BPEL TC telcon

Attendees

Present
TBD
Chair
Sanjay Patil
Scribe
Martin Chapman
Agenda:
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200805/msg00009.html

Contents

Topics
[1]  Agenda
[2]  minutes
[3]  action items
[4]  new issues
[5]  Status of JIRA
[6]  Issue 20
[7]  issue 15
Table of Resolutions
Table of Action Items

Action Items

New:

Resolutions

Minutes

Scribe: Martin Chapman

<Sanjay>
Agenda -
1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php
2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below
3. Agenda bashing
4. Approval of may 8, 2008 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200805/msg00007.html
5. Action items review
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/action_items.php
a) AI #0021
Chairs - to follow up with Mary to post the CD docs to OASIS repository
b) AI #0035 (Due date 5/
Dieter - Create a proposal for Issue 16 - Ambiguous Service Resolution
c) AI #0037
Anish - update the assembly RDDL file, file names and the references in the spec
d) AI #0039
Anish - Provide an amendment to Danny's proposal to resolve issue 20.
6. New Issues
NONE
7. Status of JIRA
Update from issues editor
8. Issue Discussion
a) Issue 20 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-20
SCA-BPEL spec can not require bpel:mustUnderstand to be true
(proposal in JIRA)
b) Issue 15 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-15
TITLE- Define Conformance Targets
SUBMITTED BY- Martin Chapman
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00000.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00014.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200803/msg00048.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00001.html
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00021.html
Review of section 2.1 from CD-01-rev3 at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200804/msg00026.html
c) Issue 18 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-18
TITLE- Need to rewrite the SCA-BPEL specifications with RFC-2119
keywords/statements
SUBMITTED BY- KHANDERAO KAND
d) Issue 16 http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-16
TITLE- Ambigous Service Resolution
SUBMITTED BY- Dieter Koenig
9. AOB
<Mike Edwards>
your line is very noisy Martin

Agenda

no additions. Approved

minutes

no comments and no objections to approving

action items

a) AI #0021
Chairs - to follow up with Mary to post the CD docs to OASIS repository

Ongoing

b) AI #0035 (Due date 5/
Dieter - Create a proposal for Issue 16 - Ambiguous Service Resolution

extended complietion date to may 29. Ongoing

c) AI #0037
Anish - update the assembly RDDL file, file names and the references in the spec

Need to touch base with Ivana on the BPEL RDDL file

Done

d) AI #0039
Anish - Provide an amendment to Danny's proposal to resolve issue 20.

Done

new issues

No new issues recieved

Status of JIRA

is up to date with current status.
Anish:
need to upload a snapshot to the TC pages

Mike R will do

Issue 20

Issue 20 http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-20
SCA-BPEL spec can not require bpel:mustUnderstand to be true
(proposal in JIRA)
<anish>
<Danny>
Sanjay - can you mark me present, please.
<Sanjay>
yes Danny
Martin:
does the extension need a name?
<Danny>
not accoriding to ws-bpel syntax
Anish moves to accept proposal in msg00016.html to resolve issue 20. Danny 2nds

No objcections to unanimous consent, motion passes.
Resolution: Issue 20 resolved by proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200805/msg00016.html

Issue 20 can be moved to resolved state

issue 15

<anish>
Mike R:
walk thru of section 2.1 update proposal
<Danny>
". A simple static analysis of the control flow, which does not involve determining the values of any expressions, is used
to determine which role can send the first message."

thanks
Sanjay:
has been a dicussion on static analysis so may need to raise a separate issue.
<anish>
i don't like 'component type generator' and 'component' as the conformance targets
<anish>
the targets we should have are specific files or runtime
<anish>
i don't know what i can do with a 'component type generator' target

well we can talk about elements being targets i.e. portions of documents
<anish>
sure, but the target is still the composite
<Danny>
I disagree. Otherwise we get all kinds of passive syntax
<anish>
this is/was done in WS-I, and the syntax was not bad
Danny:
need a discussion about static ananlysis and whether its an issue
Martin:
Component Type generator is not a traget we should be talking about
Martin:
its not something we wish to attach conformance requiremenst to
Anish:
hard to see attaching tests to a component type generator. prefer talking about the sca runtime
Mike E:
sympathize with not liking the component type generator.
<anish>
how about 'the RUNTIME MUST generate the component type that ...'

there is a notial/virtual data structure being produced and we can talk about production rules without talking about
generators
Mike R:
didnt seem appropriate for an artifact nor a run-time
<Dieter Koenig>
how about "a component type referencing this process MUST contain an SCA service ..."?
<Mike Edwards>
"the introspected component type MUST...."
Mike R:
sca runtime is too late in the process in this case
Anish:
suggested sca runtime could do this
Anish:
hard to mandate when checks are made or virtual data structure is created
Mike R:
does the compontent type generator imply any time in the process
Anish:
no but implying targeting a particular part of the run-time which is hard to isolate
Dieter:
focus on the artifacts and the rules between them, and not fucuss of runtimes and generators
Martin C:
+1 to Dieter
Sanjay:
component type generator may be good for ease of writting but may give wrong impression for how to implement
Sanjay:
with the virtual artifact it doesnt actually exist, however it shoudl be testable somehow
Mike E:
it is still prefectly testable as you can depend on certain values being present. This is valid for any technology
that does introspection and is not just specific to BPEL
Mike R:
something should be claiming to pass a test
Mike R:
cant have a non existing artifact to test
Mike R:
doesnt imply any point in time the generator must execute
<anish>
mikeR, what did you think of my suggestion in the chat?
Martin C:
generator is too virtual
Mike E:
how is a generator more testable than a virtual file
Mike R:
entities at any point in time can claim to be a generator
Mike E:
not real enough
Anish:
can we substitute runtime for generator
Mike R:
would prefer the runtime approach to Mike E and Dieter's approach
<Dieter Koenig>
i can write a component type with notepad - what is the runtime in this case?
Sanjay:
who do we make happy talking about genererors

dos?
<anish>
dieter, that is a sidefile, i assume, in which case it is a valid target
<anish>
any such file has to be merged with things like annotations, extensions
<anish>
which would generate a virtual CT
<anish>
so, RUNTIME is a target, SCDL is a target, CT side file is a target, BPEL process is a target

Ran out of time so motion dies

Aob: stragler roll call

[End of Minutes]
Formatted on 2008-05-21 at 14:21:40 GMT-7

Minutes formatted by Schreiber, a collection of XSLT stylesheets by Bob Freund modeled after David Booth's scribe

Schreiber diagnostics output

[Delete this section before publishing the minutes]

citation-detection-scribed: Line 258: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Motions to adopt'

citation-detection-scribed: Line 262: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'Aob'

statistics: Schreiber found 159 input lines

edits: Schreiber found the following text-edit commands:

edits: Line 101: MartinC: s/RDDL/BPEL RDDL/

edits: Line 168: anish: s/generetor/generator/

command-scribe: Line 2: Martin Chapman recognized

command-scribe: Schreiber detected that this section was scribed online

citation-detection-irc1: Line 13: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 21: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 24: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 44: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'a) Issue 20 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 48: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'b) Issue 15 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 51: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 52: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 53: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 54: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 55: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 57: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 59: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'c) Issue 18 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 64: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'd) Issue 16 http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 80: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

edit-substitute: command on line 101 succeeded, changed line 99 from 'RDDL' to 'BPEL RDDL'

edit-delete: Line 101 was deleted

citation-detection-irc1: Line 147: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 148: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 149: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 150: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 151: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

citation-detection-irc1: Line 153: Check for possible unrecognized nick 'http'

edit-substitute: command on line 168 succeeded, changed line 166 from 'generetor' to 'generator'

edit-delete: Line 168 was deleted

system: Transformer: SAXON 9.0.0.2

[End of Schreiber diagnostic output]