Subject: raw chat log 19th feb 09

anish will enable the call</B< pre>
Danny van der Rijn: hello.  fyi I'll silently drop off in around 30 mins
anish: just got off another call
anish enabled</B< pre>
anish: 1. Roll Call
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/sca-bpel/members/roster.php

2. Appointment of scribe
Scribe list attached below

3. Agenda bashing

4. Approval of Feb 12, 2009 minutes
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00017.html

5. Action Items review

6. SCA BPEL schedule reminder
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200901/msg00016.html
and
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200901/msg00018.html

Specs -
PR draft ready: March 5th
PR vote: March 12th

Testing -
Test Assertions complete 27/02/2009
TestCases complete 27/03/2009
Public review draft ready 17/04/2009
1st Public review complete 26/06/2009

This requires us to resolve all our issues by 26th February. If we dont' get there, we may have to extend our calls to 2 hours starting at 7am pacific.

7. Opening of New Issues
a) Issue 28
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-28
Assembly spec has removed the conversational interface feature

8. Issue 12 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-12
TITLE - Long-Running Request-Response Operations
Latest proposal from Dieter: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00013.html

9. Issue 18 - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-18
TITLE - Need to rewrite the SCA-BPEL specifications with RFC-2119
keywords/statements
Latest version is CD01 rev15 (yes, the name isn't quite right, but we'll fix this going forward). See http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00012.html

10. Issue 27 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-27
Complete the conformance section
Proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00003.html

11. Issue 28 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-28 (if opened)
Proposal in JIRA

12. AOB
Room information was updated by: anish
1-888-967-2253
+1-650-607-2253
+61-2-8817-6100
+44-118-924-9000

Meeting ID: 877770
Meeting password: SCABPEL (7222735)
Martin C: Scribe: Martin C
anish: Scribe: Martin Chapman
anish: ScribeNick: Martin C
anish: Chair: Sanjay Patil
Martin C: Topics: Minutes
Martin C: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00017.html
anish: Agenda: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00020.html
Martin C: No commenst on Minutes. Minutes approved w/o
Martin C: Agenda approved
Martin C: Topic: SCA BPEL schedule
Martin C: Sanjay reviews current plan
Martin C: volnteers requested for test assertions in order to keep this timeline
Danny van der Rijn: @anish:  Please speak up?
Danny van der Rijn: thanks
Martin C anish likens TC members to monkeys</B< pre>
Danny van der Rijn: only you, Martin.  I don't do that kind of work..
Martin C: Anish says comitemnet should not be large
Martin C does get paid peanuts</B< pre>
Martin C: Anish would like at least one person to help him
Martin C: No one steos up at the meeting, but an email will be sent on the list.
Danny van der Rijn requests a private chat with you
anish: Action: Anish to send the 1st draft of the test assertion doc by 2009-02-21
Martin C: Mike R and Sanjay volunteer to take on some assertions
Martin C: Anish also mentions that we may need longer calls to get to 1st PR deadline. Will come back to this under AOB
Martin C: Topic: New Issues
Martin C: http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-28
Assembly spec has removed the conversational interface feature
Martin C: Anish reported this issues based on a resolution from Assembly TC
Martin C: Roll 9 out of 10 members on the call
Martin C: Anish moves to open bpel-28, 2nd Dieter
Martin C: Passed w/o
Martin C: Topic: Open Issues
Martin C: Issue 12 - http://osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-12
TITLE - Long-Running Request-Response Operations
Latest proposal from Dieter: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00013.html
Martin C: Dieter reviews his proposal
Martin C: Danny doesnt like the Should statements
Martin C: Danny doesnt think there is a conformance target that relates to the shoulds
Martin C: Martin doesnt like the should in last sentence aboiut the invoke. what does "physically block system resources" mean
Martin C: Najeeb, long running is implcit
Martin C: so no need to talk about this
Martin C: The bindings should make it obvious
Martin C: Anish: intent is to advertise to other SCA atrifacts and the assembler the intention
Martin C: Sanjay: The intent has been defined by the Assembly TC
Martin C: sca bpel should say somethign about this
Martin C: Mike R: not sure this text is all relevant to sca bpel
Martin C: so need to review in this light
Martin C: Most of this should be in the assmbly spec
Dieter Koenig: If a BPEL process implements a long-running request-response operation then the corresponding interface of the process (or the individual operation) SHOULD be marked using the "asyncInvocation" policy intent.
Martin C: Anish: good think to mention the intent
Dieter Koenig: i agree with mentioning it - after all, BPEL is the primary use case (for long-running stuff)
Martin C: Martin: need ti talk about the intent, but rest of rfc2119 could probably go
Martin C: Ashok: this intent is not in the Policy spec yet
Martin C: Dave B: should be, Policy issue needs to be raised
Martin C: Sanjay: Dieter's first paragrah is probaly enough fo rthis spec
anish: How about -- Note: The assembly spec defines a "asynInvocation" policy intent for long-running operation. BPEL processes that implement a long-running req-res operation are encouraged to mark the interface with this intent
Martin C: Anish moves to resolve issue 12 with the following text "Note: The assembly spec defines a "asynInvocation" policy intent for long-running operation. BPEL processes that implement a long-running req-res operation are encouraged to mark the interface with this intent"
Martin C: 2nd by Dieter
Dieter Koenig: "asyncInvocation"
Martin C: Editors always have leeway to make non-normative tweaks
Martin C: Passed w/o
Martin C: Topic: Issue 18 - http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/BPEL-18
anish: SBPEL and 'S' is silent http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/wink.gif
anish: SBPL
anish: SCABPL
Martin C: motion Martin. Resolve issue 18 with Rev 15 proposal http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-bpel/200902/msg00012.html
 but replacing the BPEL label with SBPEL throughout
Martin C: 2nd Danny
Martin C: Passed w/o
anish: so we only have 2 more issues
anish: and have proposals for both
Dieter Koenig: unfortunately i cannot attend at all next week
Martin C: topic aob:
Martin C: next call will start at 7:30 am pdt and last 1.5 hours
Martin C: meeting closed