OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

sca-j message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Raw minutes SCA Java 2008-08-11

Raw minutes:

Mark Combellack1 morphed into Mark Combellack
Mark Combellack: Agenda:
- Roll Call
- Appointment of scribe. List attached below
- Agenda bashing
- Approval of minutes from previous meeting(s) http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/29027/SCA%20Java%20Minutes%202008-08-04.doc

1. Leaves of Absence:

Anish Karmarkar will be on LOA from August 25 to Sept 5 inclusive.

2. Review action items:

2008-07-15-2: Vladimir to produce a proposal for JAVA-2
2008-07-15-4: Chairs to produce schedule for spec completion with help  
from Anish
2008-07-15-5: Simon to draft new version of callback proposal covering  
generic model and Java-specific aspects, by August 7
2008-07-15-9: MikeE to produce worked example of his proposal for  
JAVA-1, and to show the invocation model
2008-07-24-2: Simon to revise proposal for issue 49 based on today's  
2008-08-04-1: Simon to send a note to the TC asking about some  
proposed time slots for the JEE subcommittee calls
2008-08-04-2: Simon to ask Mary about the decision-making process for  
2008-07-15-x: Editors to prepare CD draft by July 31 for review by TC

3. SCA-J JEE SubCommittee:


Discuss appointing a Chair

Discuss timing and frequency of conference call http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200808/msg00037.html

4. Schedule for completion of the standard


5. Accepting new issues:

No new issues this week.

6. Open issues discussion:

JAVA-25: Callback Simplification

Original "hallucination" email proposal by Simon (non-conversational  
Rewritten version of this proposal:
Jim's response to the proposal:

Subsequent "brainstorm" proposal by Simon (conversational case):
Comments from a users perspective (from Meeraj Kunnumpurath) http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200807/msg00079.html
Latest email on this thread is at
Jim's initial comments:
Jim's latest email:

JAVA-30: "Process" Scope
Proposal at http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200807/msg00068.html

JAVA-47: Missing description of what the @EagerInit annotation does
Proposal in JIRA

JAVA-1: Accessing SCA Services from non-SCA component code

Ron Barack Proposal
Mike Edwards Proposal
Michael Rowley proposal

7. Adjourn

Rotating scribe list:

Plamen Pavlov SAP AG (0)
Peter Walker Sun Microsystems (1)
Roberto Chinnici Sun Microsystems (2)
Peter Peshev SAP AG (2)
Ron Barack SAP AG (3)
Michael Beisiegel IBM (3)
Jim Marino Individual (3)
Vamsavardhana Chillakuru IBM (1)
David Booz IBM (4)
Anish Karmarkar Oracle Corporation (4)
Mike Edwards IBM (3)
Sanjay Patil SAP AG (3)
Ashok Malhotra Oracle Corporation (3)
Pradeep Simha TIBCO Software Inc. (3)
Martin Chapman Oracle Corporation (3)
Bryan Aupperle IBM (3)
Vladimir Savchenko SAP AG (1)
anonymous morphed into Meeraj
scabooz: testing
anonymous morphed into anish
Jim Marino: Jim scribing
Jim Marino: Agend bashing
anonymous morphed into Looking for summer...
Jim Marino: Dave comments on meeting entry is incorrectly marked 8-12
Looking for summer... would love a pint of scabooze
Jim Marino: Mark updated minutes with issue numbers
Jim Marino: Minutes approved
scabooz: /me is still on vacation
Jim Marino: Next item LOL Anish
Jim Marino: Action 1: Java-2 proposal
Jim Marino: Vladimir not present
Jim Marino: Action: Schedule for Spec completion
Jim Marino: Issue 5: Callback proposal
Jim Marino: Simon sent it
Jim Marino: Mike Edwards example for Java 1, not done
Jim Marino: Simon proposal Issue 49, not done
Jim Marino: (tied up with callbacks)
Jim Marino: Simon to ask Mary about decision-making, now clairified
Jim Marino: Next item SCA-JEE chair
Jim Marino: Simon says to let subcommittee get on with appointing a  
anish not the best time for me, but can do it
Vamsi: Friday is ok with me.
Jim Marino: Discussion on time for SCA-JEE
Jim Marino: Simon motions for Friday 7-8PST
Jim Marino: Dave seconds
Jim Marino: Motions passes
Jim Marino: without objection
Jim Marino: Simon motions to make first call Friday 13th
Jim Marino: correction Friday 15th
Jim Marino: Make E seconds
Jim Marino: Mike E
Jim Marino: no objection, passes
Jim Marino: Simon to take an action item to create an entry in the  
Jim Marino: and will create the Agenda
Jim Marino: Schedule for completion of standard
Jim Marino: Discussion of draft schedule
Jim Marino: Discussion of public review process
Jim Marino: Testing subcommittee discussion
Jim Marino: Mark to send an email
Jim Marino: No new issues
Jim Marino: Java 25
Mark Combellack1: http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/sca-j/200808/msg00022.html
Jim Marino: Simon presents the proposal
Jim Marino: Anish comment: client can invlude correlation information  
in callback address
Jim Marino: Anish question: who decides for correlation: binding, API?
Jim Marino: Simon: it could vary
Jim Marino: Mike E comments on point 2
Jim Marino: wording
Jim Marino: Mike E: #1 does not place an obligation on server side to  
use callback address from client
Mark Combellack1: 5 minute warning
Mike Edwards: Any callback invocations made by the service for a given  
client SHOULD use a callback address passed from that client"
anish: there may be > 1 callback addresses from a 'client'
Jim Marino: Pradeep on rolll
Jim Marino: Plamen on role as well
Jim Marino: Meraaj on role as well

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]