Subject: Re: [search-ws] Open URL .... search ... holdings

Ray

From: "Kerry Blinco" <kblinco@powerup.com.au>
When it comes to  searching holdings Matthew talked about one
scenario where a search result returns 400 holdings and you then want
to find which of those holdings are from particular places - eg the
Bodlian and the British Library.  This to me is needs a  Search service.

How do you feel about Ashley's suggestion that that be a client side
problem?

I should have said the reason I think this is our problem is I might want to apply this criteria in the initial search rather than after the result is retrieved (:-)  Sorry to be flippant.  its late in the day and that is a dangerous time for the Australian sense of humour!

Kerry

Kerry Blinco
e-Framework and Standards Manager, Link Affiliates, University of Southern Queensland; and
Technical Standards Adviser to the Department of Education Science and Training (DEST).  Australia.
Email:     kblinco@powerup.com.au
Phone:   +61 7 3871 2699
Ph (Mobile) :    +61 419 787 992

The information contained in this e-mail message and any files may
be confidential information, and may also be the subject of legal professional privilege.
If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose its contents to any other party.

This email represents the views of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly states otherwise.