Subject: RE: [search-ws] queryn: Some further comments

> From: Matthew Dovey [mailto:m.dovey@jisc.ac.uk]
> > i) we agree that we change the spec to allow the value queryType to
> > determine which parameter(s) contain the query. The default is that
> > the query will be passed via a parameter called "query", but a
> > specific queryType can specify otherwise.
>
> That's where we were when we were still debating the usefulness of the
> queryN parameter. I believe we now agree on it's usefulness, and so I
> suggest that the presence of queryN signals this alternative way of passing
> query information, and therefore there a new query type isn't needed.

I would argue that we should still have queryType=cql-form regardless of whether we need queryn or not for the reasons we discussed last week

a) it overloads queryn (which you didn't seem to like either, Ray)

b) the queryType approach is future proofing in that it will support other future use cases where the query needs to be passed in a form other than in the "query" parameter without modifying the base spec.

Matthew