Subject: RE: [security-services] Re: How to list new standards?

1. Long term, I'd think we want to consider designing a slightly wider
    column for the display of specs on the home page ( rightmost column,
    http://www.oasis-open.org/home/index.php )

2. As things stand, some items in the spec list line-wrap, at least
    with my browser settings. For example, I see 3x spec titles wrapped:

WS-ReliableMessaging
v1.1

WS-Secure
Conversation v1.3

WSS SAML and REL
Profiles

3. If it's acceptable to allow line-wrap (thus
    two lines per cell), then the short titles
    suggested below might work. The suggested
    SAML v2.0 Metadata Extension has 29 chars, vs.
    28 chars for WS-Secure Conversation v1.3

WS-ReliableMessaging v1.1
WSS SAML and REL Profiles
WS-Secure Conversation v1.3
WS-SecurityPolicy v1.2
SAML v2.0 Metadata Extension
SAML v2.0 Metadata Profile

OR (with colon punctuation, but I don't think
colon is needed)

WS-ReliableMessaging v1.1
WSS SAML and REL Profiles
WS-Secure Conversation v1.3
WS-SecurityPolicy v1.2
SAML v2.0: Metadata Extension
SAML v2.0: Metadata Profile

4. Note that version numbers are not used in the
    current entry "WSS SAML and REL Profiles",
    and that seems OK to me. If we were required to be
    verbose, we'd have to say "v1.0" for the two
    profiles, and "v1.1" for SAML, and "v1.0" for
    WSS, yielding something like:

      WSS v1.0 SAML v1.1 and REL Profiles v1.0

    That seems a bit heavy for a list item.  So it
    seems to me that the extra title words could be
    omitted in the short-title list (viz, omit

    "for SAML v2.0 and v1.x Query Requesters"
    "for SAML v1.x"

- Robin