Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] definition of SLA

Hey Ken,

This is certainly relevant to our service description and service management models.  I mentioned SLAs in passing in the service mgmt model but did not explicitly define it.  Recommend keeping the adopted defn simple and consistent with our scope (see, for example, the Wikipedia defn for SLA).  The important point being that the SLA is "part" of the service contract and not a "type" of service contract.  It's also important to differentiate SLAs from OLAs and a decent distinction is captured at http://www.oit.duke.edu/oit/sla/index.html.

Cheers...

 - JAE