Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] governance musings over the weekend

Is governance just in the eye of the beholder (e.g. the corporation) or does it have to satisfy the complete social context?

With all due respect to Frank's disagreement in a parallel discussion, I think Participants agree to Governance because they have Goals and those Goals are more likely to be satisfied within the Governance Framework than outside it.  If I have less than charitable goals, my Governance will be strictly to creating an environment where I have the competitive edge -- if I can get away with it.  At some point, my Goals may include minimizing the retribution of others, in which case more of the previously ignored social context has a bearing.

Note, my Governance strategy could be to have me outside anyone else's Governance Framework.

Ken