Subject: Re: [soa-rm-ra] governance musings over the weekend

Ken

Relative to Michael's first question: While crossing ownership domains
is of concern in all governance models, I believe that it comes more to
the fore in SOA.

Second item - Before Friday, I hadn't contemplated your example of
governance for entities with evil goals.  However, after a some thought,
I agree that governance is about satisfying the goals of the
participants, whether the goals are good or bad for society.  (How good
is defined is a philosophical question left for Plato and others to
struggled with.)  However, since the Commons is one of the participants
(an interested party) the example of governance related to an evil-doer
entity brings up a question.  Is governance just in the eye of the
beholder (e.g. the corporation) or does it have to satisfy the complete
social context? Or stated another way, is a local governance incomplete
without consideration of the goals of all the participants in its social
context?

Don

--
Don Flinn