Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Updated Visual Model for Service Description

Another thing - according to the diagram, Service Description includes
information about its consumers (via the Contract). I think it is too
complex and assume that Service Contracts know which Service Description
they relate to, not opposite.

Service Description is a public thing. While it might be appropriate for
consumers to know who uses the service, it is not a common rule. If some
consumers would require to exclude them from the list, it will create a
level of inconsistency.

My proposal  - keep Service Descriptions w/o knowledge of service
consumers, in two different repositories (for Descriptions and for
Contracts) but refer to the Description from the Service Contracts.

If you are saying it is a Best Practice, not the RA, I agree. However,
the RA should not demonstrate a precedent of not that best practice
(explicitly including Service Contracts into Service Description; it is
not a service inventory where all information about the service gets
collected)

- Michael

Important: Fidelity Investments International (Reg. No.1448245),
Fidelity Investment Services Limited (Reg. No. 2016555), Fidelity
Pensions Management (Reg. No. 2015142) and Financial Administration
Services Limited (Reg. No. 1629709, a Fidelity Group company) are all
registered in England and Wales, are authorised and regulated in the UK
by the Financial Services Authority and have their registered offices at
Oakhill House, 130 Tonbridge Road, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11
9DZ. Tel 01732 361144. Fidelity only gives information on products and
does not give investment advice to private clients based on individual
circumstances. Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those
of Fidelity. The information transmitted is intended only for the person
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you received this in error, please contact the
sender and delete the material from any computer. All e-mails sent from
or to Fidelity may be subject to our monitoring procedures. Direct link
to Fidelity's website -
http://www.fidelity-international.com/world/index.html