Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Groups - SOA Governance and Management Section (RA Governance Section Structure by RE.doc) uploaded

Yes, we agreed and I'm attempting to make the requested changes...just
having trouble getting it to flow reasonably...at least reasonably for
me.  I will continue my efforts in that direction.

The problem is that I see a close coupling among, framework,
implementation process, operating process, and the products (policies
and contracts); but I'm certainly agreeing the both of these products
are important...I suspect this may be the reason this thing is hard...

-----Original Message-----
From: Estefan, Jeff A [mailto:jeffrey.a.estefan@jpl.nasa.gov]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 12:40 PM
To: soa-rm-ra@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: RE: [soa-rm-ra] Groups - SOA Governance and Management Section
(RA Governance Section Structure by RE.doc) uploaded

Bob,

I thought we agreed on the call that we were not in objection of
potentially doing a wholesale move of the Policies & Contracts Model to
the Owning SOAs View.  And Danny who authored that model I believe did
not object.  (Danny, please weight in.)

What we were objecting to was that we feel Policies & Contracts (if
you'll allow me to use P&C for short) are first class concepts that
should not get lost or buried in the discussion of Governance and
Management (G&M).  Yes, these P&Cs are absolutely critical to the
architectural elements of G&M but again, they need to stand on their own
since they transcend all views.

My suggestion is to see if we did indeed do a wholesale move of the P&C
Model to the Owning SOAs View and start with that model, followed by the
Governance Model, followed by the Management Model (or perhaps a
combined Governance and Management Model), then perhaps you could help
with the flow of these models and in turn their readability.

Finally, I should point out that while Gov & Mgmt are certainly related,
we also don't want to lose sight of the notion of services as managed
entities; not just talk about P&C enforcement.

Hope this helps...

 - J