stdsreg message

Subject: RE: [stdsreg] committee introductions

I've talked a lot already, but I should probably make an introduction
just for the record...

My job at OASIS includes responsibility for all of the technical work
being done here. We currently have 25 technical committees working on a
variety of topics, and a lot of my time is spent ensuring that the
various TCs are working together, and with setting up collaborative
efforts with other organizations doing similar technical work. My
motivation in starting the Standards Registry effort is to find a way to
better identify who else is doing work similar to that of my TCs and
hence decide who we should be working with. I would also like to make it
easier for potential standards developers to find out where they can get
involved, and for potential users of standards to find out what is
available for their use.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations