tgf message

Subject: TC CONTRIBUTIONS

Dear all

It has been pointed out to me that there is a little ambiguity in the OASIS technical committee and IPR policy documents, regarding the submission of ‘Contributions’ – which are any pieces of work that a TC member is submitting officially to the TC and subsequently subject to the organisation’s IPR rules.  This is an OASIS wide problem not specifically one for our TC.

To avoid any possibility of confusion, can I ask each TC member who is submitting, or already has submitted, a piece of work as a Contribution, to send an e-mail to the TC list with a copy of the work attached and a statement in the body of the mail that you wish the attached to be considered as a Contribution to the TC in line with the obligations laid down in OASIS policies.  And to avoid any possible ambiguity can you also clarify whether any referenced work that you own in the main contribution is included in the contribution or not.

Sorry for this, but it’s better that we are crystal clear – many OASIS member organisations are rightly concerned about IPR consequences, upfront disclosure, etc. Therefore getting this right might also convince some waverers to come on board!

Regards

John Borras

Chair OASIS TGF Technical Committee

m. +(0)44 7976 157745